PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE OR ALLOWING YOUR CHILD TO USE THIS WEB SITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE LOG OFF THIS WEB SITE IMMEDIATELY.
1. By entering this web site ("site"), you acknowledge and accept the following Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of this site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. You assume all responsibility for the use of this site and hereby waive all claims against Carus Publishing Company, Cricket Magazine Group, Cricket Books, Cobblestone Publishing, and Open Court (collectively "Carus"), its officers, directors, employees, information suppliers, and programmers that may arise from the use of this site. If you do not agree with all of the provisions of these Term and Conditions, do not use this site.
2. The site is intended for the entertainment, information, education, communication, use and enjoyment of families, parents, and children. It also contains information about the company and an e-commerce section for online ordering. All customers must be 18 years of age or older to place an order. By ordering a product from the site, a customer represents that he or she is 18 years or older.
4. Carus is pleased to hear from its readers and welcomes your comments regarding products and services, especially our on-line products and services. All comments and suggestions received by BABYBUG®, LADYBUG®, SPIDER®, CRICKET®, CICADA®, ASK®, CLICK®, MUSE®, APPLESEEDS, COBBLESTONE®, FACES®, CALLIOPE®, ODYSSEYTM, AND DIGTM become the sole property of Carus and can used without compensation or acknowledgment. By the use of our site, you grant us permission to use the materials you or your child submits without requiring additional permission and in any manner that is, in our judgment, consistent with our overall philosophy. However, we will not accept submissions to Cricket League and Spider's Corner via our site. Please address contest entries to Cricket League or Spider's Corner, 70 East Lake Street, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60601. See our Submission Guidelines for comprehensive details.
5. CICADA® (ISSN 1097-4008) is published bi-monthly. CLICK® (ISSN 1094-4273), ASK® (ISSN 1535-4105), MUSE® (ISSN 1090-0381), DIGTM (ISSN 1524-4458), BABYBUG® (ISSN 1077-1131), LADYBUG® (ISSN 1051-4961), SPIDER® (ISSN 1070-2911), CRICKET® (ISSN 0090-6034), APPLESEEDS (1099-7725), CALLIOPE® (ISSN 1050-7086), COBBLESTONE® (ISSN 0199-5197), FACES® (ISSN 0749-1387), and ODYSSEYTM (ISSN 0163-0946) are published nine times a year monthly, except for combined May/June, July/August and November/December issues. All of the magazines are published by Carus Publishing Company, 70 East Lake Street, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60601.
6. This site is owned and operated by Carus and contains material that has been published or produced in one of our magazines, books, or products or produced for our use. The text and artwork on these pages are copyrighted by and are the property of Carus and/or various authors, illustrators and producers. Carus, its graphical presentation, and related logos are the registered trademarks of Carus with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. BABYBUG®, LADYBUG® and LADYBUG (logo), SPIDER®, CRICKET® and CRICKET (logo), CICADA®, CLICK®, MUSE®, COBBLESTONE®, FACES®, CALLIOPE®, DIG®, and ODYSSEYTM are registered trademarks of Carus with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way any material from www.cricketmag.com or any other web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by Carus. Any unauthorized or commercial use or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited and may subject you to penalties and damages, including, but not limited to, damages relating to the violation of trademarks, service marks and copyright policies.
7. With its site, Carus hopes to have created an on-line product of the highest quality--one that will equal the quality readers have come to expect of our magazines, books, and products. In an effort to enhance the services available to our customers, we may recommend other sites for you to explore. Carus makes no representation or guarantee with respect to the materials appearing on its site or any other linked site. Carus has not reviewed all of the sites that have linked themselves to our site or that you may link to from this site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this site. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply that Carus endorses or supports the sites. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
8. Any prices on this site are subject to change at any time with or without notice to you. Any order for goods under this site will be deemed a completed contract only when accepted by Carus. All prices referenced on this site are listed in U.S. dollars. All orders will have shipping charges and sales taxes added, where applicable.
9. Cookie technology is useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system. This information helps Carus create the best possible experience for the user. Any personally identifiable information collected by cookies and/or other future technologies will be used in the aggregate. This policy is reviewed periodically by Carus and may be subject to change.
10. Your use of and any browsing in this site is at your risk. You agree to indemnify and hold Carus harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, demands, causes of action, damages, losses and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of suit, arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. Neither Carus nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site or related services. The material in this site could include technical inaccuracies or other errors. Carus does not guarantee that the functional aspects of the site will be uninterrupted or error-free or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Everything on the site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Carus reserves the right to make changes to the site at any time without notice.
11. This agreement is governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Illinois. Use of this site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. These terms and conditions will be governed by and be construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the State of Illinois without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between user and Carus with respect to this site and related services and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous terms or conditions, oral or written, between user and Carus. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Any cause of action arising out of or related to this site or its service must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
12. Carus may change the Terms and Conditions of this site at any time for any reason, without notice or obligation. You acknowledge and agree to be bound by any revisions. Therefore, we recommend that you periodically review this page to ensure your understanding of the terms and conditions of your use.
13. If there are any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or send a letter to Carus Publishing Company, 30 Grove Street, Suite C, Peterborough, NH 03458.