New option for subscribers!
Choose "1 year + Digital Edition" from the dropdown menu and receive 9 print issues mailed to the young reader in your life PLUS a fully interactive, enhanced digital edition each time a print issue mails. We will email download and login instructions when we process your order.
CRICKET magazine delivers the "best of the best" in children's literature!
JUST ANNOUNCED! Katy Duffield's original short story published in CRICKET, "Winds of Hope," has won the 2013 Paul A. Witty Short Story Award from the International Reading Association.
CRICKET publishes only the highest quality fiction - fantasy, historical fiction, myths and legends, humor, adventure, contemporary fiction - and nonfiction stories for kids on culture, history, science, and the arts. CRICKET's creativity spurs readers to express themselves in new ways.Each 48-page issue of CRICKET includes:
- Advertising-free stories, poems, and nonfiction articles
- Contest story, poetry, or art
- Ugly Bird's Crossbird Puzzle and other activities
- Signature cast of rambunctious bug characters who offer humorous commentary on the stories and explain difficult words.
More great kids' content from CRICKET magazine
Just for Kids
Several ebooks drawn from past editions of CRICKET are ready for your iPad, kindle, or nook.
Free with each paid subscription to CRICKET comes access to bonus content on the magazine's companion Web site. www.CricketMagKids.com encourages children to share ideas, original art, creative writing, and book recommendations with CRICKET readers around the world in a monitored forum. Puzzles, activities, and audio recordings of stories extend the content of the printed magazine.
CRICKET back issues are available individually. See our favorite titles or visit the Educators' site for full selection.
The CRICKET magazine story
For almost 40 years, CRICKET has delighted and entertained children and teens around the globe with the "best of the best" in children's literature. CRICKET's guiding principle is the belief that imaginative young readers would respond enthusiastically to wonderful stories accompanied by world-class illustrations, without any advertising. Marianne Carus, founder and Editor-in-Chief of CRICKET, says,
"The way to create in children a love of reading and an appreciation of good writing is to offer them beautifully illustrated, lively, well-written, interesting stories that sustain a witty tone and a sense of humor. I am convinced that children will respond to quality if it's not forced upon them but presented in an engaging manner."
Mrs. Carus is well-respected and much-loved in the world of children's publishing for her lifelong commitment to bringing top-quality fiction and nonfiction to young readers. In 2003, her unique contribution to children's literature was recognized with an honorary doctors degree in humane letters from Illinois Wesleyan University, and in 2006 she was inducted into the Association of Educational Publishers Hall of Fame for a lifetime of work educating children.
Read more of the CRICKET story.
Other information about CRICKET magazine
- Cricket Guarantee: You can transfer your subscription among any of our kids' magazines at NO COST. You can cancel at any time and request a refund for issues that haven't shipped yet by contacting 1-800-821-0115.
- All of our children's magazine subscriptions qualify for free shipping when being sent to a U.S. address (additional $15 for non-U.S.).
- You can personalize and send or print a gift card to announce your gift. We have special designs for each of our 14 children's magazines.
- Your first issue will arrive in 4-6 weeks. Find out more.