*** Limited Time Special Offer on Bundles! Save up to 36% on
all bundles listed above! Enter promo code NEB15 at checkout. ***
DIG Into History: Each issue is theme-related with a special 10- to 12-page section that focuses on an archaeological discovery or topic related to the issue’s theme. Writers are most often experts in the area as accuracy and up-to-date information are key. The text is always engaging, vivid, and interesting. Geared to our readers, it complements the principles of Common Core and offers a great springboard for discussion, curriculum-related projects, and cross-disciplinary lesson plans. Included in each issue as departments such as Fun with Words (stories about theme-related words and expressions), What’s Wrong Here? (anachronisms in art), Artifacts (an uncovered object with a fascinating tale), Ask Away (reader questions answered by an archaeologist and an historian). Spirited word games and projects further involve readers in the issue’s theme.
Check out our interactive sampler to see for yourself why the children's magazine DIG won a Parents' Choice Gold Award in 2014.
Dig Magazine is delivered 9 times per year digitally and by mail.
- Advertising-free articles about events in world history and the latest archaeological finds and techniques
- In the Headlines snippets of news, discoveries, and facts from around the world
- Ask Away! Q&A forum where a real historian and an archaeologist answer kids’ questions
- Artifacts, The Adventures of Dr. Dig, The Calliope Chronicles and much. much more!
Want More Dig Magazine?
Just for Kids
Free with each paid subscription to Dig comes access to bonus content on the magazine's companion Web site. At www.digonsite.com you’ll find a state-by-state guide to archaeological sites and programs, "Fantastic Factoids" about archaeology, recommended links, reader submissions, and, of course, "Ask Dr. Dig."
Past issues - Dig back issues are available individually or as Discovery Theme Pack sets. See our favorite titles or visit the Educators' site for full selection.
Resources for Educators - A FREE teacher's guide for each issue is available at our Educators' site.
Guarantee & Shipping
- Cricket Guarantee: You can transfer your subscription among any of our kids' magazines at NO COST. You can cancel at any time and request a refund for issues that haven't shipped yet by contacting 1-800-821-0115.
- All of our children's magazine subscriptions qualify for free shipping when being sent to a U.S. address (additional $15 for non-U.S.).
- You can personalize and send or print a gift card to announce your gift. We have special designs for each of our 13 children's magazines.
- Your first issue will arrive in 4-6 weeks. Find out more.
Dig Into History print and digital magazine subscriptions packaged with Whisper and Shout, a Marcato Book edited by Patrice Vecchione. The book will imprint classic poems on your child's memory for life. Great as a gift.
Gift bundle features Dig Into History magazine print and digital subscriptions combined with Odysseus, an entertaining retelling of the classic tale in witty, lyrical, contemporary prose that won’t leave readers lost in ancient translations.