New option for subscribers!
Choose "1 year + Digital Edition" from the dropdown menu and receive 6 print issues mailed to the young reader in your life PLUS a fully interactive, enhanced digital edition each time a print issue mails. Digital editions can be accessed on an Android device. We will email download and login instructions when we process your order.
IGUANA magazine instills in children a pride for their native language and heritage!
IGUANA is a Spanish language magazine for children ages 7-12 who grew up learning and speaking Spanish. Each issue engages children with interesting text, beautiful illustrations, and intriguing photographs across a wide variety of new and interesting topics including history, geography, science, technology, language arts, math and more. IGUANA's interesting content motivates children to read, reinforcing reading skills in Spanish and encouraging Latino cultural preservation.
Each 32-page issue of IGUANA includes:
- Advertising-free articles, interviews, and stories written in simple standard Spanish
- Biographies & interviews with personalities that have influenced the lives of Latinos in America
- Fictional stories with characters, experiences, and settings familiar to kids
- Science articles, recipes, craft projects, and much, much more!
The IGUANA magazine story
As the parent of two bilingual, bicultural, biracial children, I feel strongly that I must expose my daughters to the beauty of the Spanish language and the richness of Latin American culture. My daughters love books but it is difficult to find original literature in Spanish. Most of the books that I have found are simply translations of books such as Dr. Seuss, and the Arthur and Franklin series. I am dismayed by the small quantity of quality children's literature written in Spanish. Therefore, with my daughters as an inspiration, I decided to start IGUANA, an educational magazine for Spanish speaking children. The dream for my daughters, and for all Latino children, is that they will continue to read in Spanish, to feel proud of being bilingual, and to never forget their roots. I hope that other parents share this dream by supporting Iguana magazine and its mission. ?Lee ~ Descubre ~ Disfruta! [read ~ discover ~ enjoy]
Christianne Meneses Jacobs
Founder & Editor
Other information about IGUANA magazine
- Cricket Guarantee: You can transfer your subscription among any of our kids' magazines at NO COST. You can cancel at any time and request a refund for issues that haven't shipped yet by contacting 1-800-821-0115.
- All of our children's magazine subscriptions qualify for free shipping when being sent to a U.S. address (additional $15 for non-U.S.).
- You can personalize and send or print a gift card to announce your gift. We have special designs for each of our 14 children's magazines.
- Your first issue will arrive in 4-6 weeks. Find out more.